Akha Mudhouse Homestay, Lor-yo Community
Mae Fah Luang, Chiangrai, Thailand
Akha Mudhouse Homestay - Lor-yo Community, a small village in Chiangrai. With spectacular views along the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the misty morning air with the traditional way of life of the Akha people. In the community, there are sources to learn Akha culture, coffee shops, and another highlight is mudhouse. From the founder’s ambition, Yohan desired and tried to build his house with soil ten years ago. After graduation, he came back and developed his project with passion. He wanted his guests close to nature. Now, the homestay is ready to book up to 8 rooms including 4 en-suite bathrooms and 4 shared bathrooms. Exclusive for Go Green Booking, 3 opened-roof rooms are available for your romantic moment with your beloved one.
GO GREEN CONCEPTS:
1. Long-term sustainability goals development:
- Akha Homestay run their business with the sustainability framework.
2. Economic growth and fair income distribution:
- Akha Soom Homestay support the decent work in the local province and distribute fair income to their team
3. Local identity and wisdom of community preservation
- Akha Homestay connect with the Lor-yo community to arrange communities based tourism (CBT)
4. Negative environmental effect Reduction
- Green architecture and decoration: Homestay was built and decorated with natural materials. Opened walls design allows air ventilation and natural sunlight penating instead of using electricity.
- Reduction of using water and chemical waste water drainage: Homestay implements a policy of changing beddings once for a maximum 3 days stay. (bed sheets, pillow cases, towels, doormat) or on guest’s requests.
- Plastic Reduction : Avoid using single-use plastics such as straws or utensils. Choose washable or reusable metal utensils instead of plastic.
- Electricity Reduction : Use energy saving bulbs and fans in the room instead of air-conditioners.
5. Excellent Service Quality and Security
- Provide clean and care homestay standard
- Prepare First-aid kit for guests
- Offer excellent service and warm welcome from local community
- Learn and share local wisdom and practices of the community's way of life.
6. Positive impact to society sharing
- Lor-yo community share and promote their green model and concept to others
7. Partnership growth: Cooperation with local partners (Lor-yo Community) to achieve sustainable goals
NUMBER OF ROOM : 2 rooms (Akha Mudhouse Room 1, Akha Mudhouse Room2 )
Guest(s) per room : 2 persons per room (extra bed is not applicable)
- 1 King Size bed (Mountain view)
Nearby Attractions: ฺBan Lorcha (Lorcha Village), Doi mae salong, Basil camping area Doi mae salong
Breakfast included (2 persons)
Check-in time 12:00-20:00 / Check-out time 06:00 - 11:00
Arrival time and departure time must be confirmed in advance
For any amendment made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date, the booking will NOT be refundable.
For cancellation made less than 48 hours prior to arrival date, the booking will NOT be refundable.
For cancellation made more than 48 hours prior to arrival date, one night of your booking will be charged and NOT refundable. Once your refund request is completed, 10% of your refund will be charged due to the Go Green Booking service fee.