Overview of Activities :
This eco-friendly travel program will provide you an extraordinary experience by travelling around Baan Muang Kung, the famous pottery community. You can enjoy visiting household pottery production of local potters that have been transmitted their skills and knowledge through generations for more than 200 years. Several kinds of potteries with traditional style can be found here such as Nam Ton or Khon To (Water pot or flagon), Nam Mor (Round shaped drinking water pot), Mor Dok (Flower vast), kerosene pottery lamp, and big water jar. Moreover, a pottery workshop is also made available, in which you can take your own work as a souvenir.
- Meet at the multipurpose yard in front of Local Cultural Learning Center of Baan Muang Kung, behind ‘Nam Ton Luang’ (large scale water pot which is a symbol of this community)
- Enjoy listening to the storytelling of community background, then walk around the community and visit some potters’ houses which they will share their stories as the potters living in this community
- Back to the multipurpose yard to have a set of cool drink and traditional local desserts, which we use biodegradable straws and local products, clay water bottle, before joining the next activity
- Experience the pottery workshop demonstrated by local potters with the exceptional technique called ‘Pan Jak’ (hand molding technique and using hand-powered wheel)
- After finishing the activities, in case you would like to bring your own work back as a souvenir, it is recommended to leave it at the community to dry it out and go through the firing process, which takes approximately 2 weeks then you can bring it back. The postal service is also made available with an additional fee.
- The program is available on Monday – Saturday.
(The pottery products normally go through low temperature firing process, they might be broken easily during transportation. So that, it is recommended to bring them back by yourself or use domestic logistics services. By the way, international logistics services have more risk of damage.)
Go Green :
- We focus on using local materials such as organic soil source and trying not to import the raw materials from other sources.
- We focus on eco-friendly materials by using reusable and biodegradable utensils.
- Walking around the community is not only an exercise activity, but also an easy way to save fuel.
What is included in the program :
- Local interpreters
- Set of traditional local desserts and cool drink with clay water bottle
- Pottery workshop
- Travel accident insurance with a maximum coverage of 1,000,000 baht
What is not included in the program :
- Personal expenses and additional fee from activity that is not mentioned in the program
- Transportation fee
Suggestions / Cautions :
- Wear clothes and shoes that are suitable for outdoor activities
- In case of any medical conditions or allergies, please prepare your own medication along the trip
Nearby attractions :
Intharawat Temple or Wat Ton Kwen, Baan Rai Kong Khing Community, Baan Tawai Wood Carving Center, Chiang Mai Night Safari, and Grand Canyon Chiang Mai
- The program cannot be changed as appropriate since it might have an effect on carbon emission rate. In case of force majeure, the community needs to contact with Go Green Booking before making any changes.
- English speaking guide requirement costs 2,500 baht